After we finally closed, we had about two weeks of remodeling at our "new" house. The house was actually built just a few months after our house on Amador had been built - and in the same neighborhood (about three blocks away!). But we wanted to make it feel like new, and like our own. So, we had the tile floors replaced with wood in the entry, halls, kitchen, and breakfast nook. We also had the backsplash replaced in the kitchen, and the kitchen cabinets painted. In the living room, there was a corner built-in unit that was perfect for the old owners' big screen TV...but not for us, so we had it ripped out and replaced with a bookcase. Then, we had basically the entire house (inside and out) repainted and the kitchen appliances replaced with stainless steel ones.
All in all, we are in love with our house now (if it is possible, we love it even more than our old one!), although there is still some work to do. And then came the actual move...this part I really, really want to forget. It was EXHAUSTING and very stressful. My only piece of advice for anyone planning to move would be to not wait until the absolute last day at your old house to move! But since we were waiting on the contractors to finish at the new house, we didn't have much choice. I will never do that again! But, then, Chip and I have said many times that we are never moving again...unless it is to an old folks' home! :)
I must confess that I did boo-hoo the night we left our old house. I LOVED that house, and of course, the memories we made in it. But, since we moved, I have not regretted it once. We love our huge yard, and we have an extra garage space and additional bedroom - the three things we had always said we wanted when we moved. Sallie and Madelyn are also very happy - especially when they are in the backyard!
No comments:
Post a Comment