About two weeks ago, I started feeling what I can only describe as a flutter in my abdomen. It did not feel like anything I had ever experienced before, at least not regularly. At first I noticed it once. Then, after a few days, maybe twice during the day. In the past week, I have felt it several times a day.
I know the book says it can happen as early as 16 weeks, but it also said that if it is your first pregnancy, you wouldn't recognize what it was until around 20 weeks. At my last doctor's visit, I was told the same thing. So, I doubted myself, but kept paying attention.
Tonight, we ate dinner, and about half an hour later, I felt the flutter again. Chip had told me last night to TELL HIM when I felt it, although I told him that I hadn't been able to feel it with my hands yet. So after about three instances of the "fluttering", I placed my hand on my abdomen. I could actually FEEL a tiny jolt against my skin! I yelled for Chip, and he said, "what?" I told him to get upstairs NOW! He ran up the stairs and I told him excitedly, "put your hand right here!" He did, and within less than a minute, he felt the tiny jolt too. I asked him, "did you feel that?" He said, "yes!"
We sat there for several minutes, and we both felt the movement a few times each. It was amazing! I kept laughing, somewhat hysterically. I just couldn't/can't believe it! This is crazy/amazing/bizarre! Once the movements disappeared, Chip started lightly shaking my belly, and saying "play with me!" to the baby. And the baby answered by moving/punching/kicking again!
This is truly amazing! There really is something in there! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just want to cry!! That is the best feeling in the world...I'm so glad you were both able to experience it and so early on. You've got a strong little baby in there!
Well that just made my day! Besides holding that baby for the first time, there's nothing like feeling your baby move inside of you. And amazing that Chip was there and able to feel him/her, too! We need to see you guys soon.
Yay! I can't wait to see you in January and hopefully get to feel Quattro moving for myself!
Post a Comment