Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Belly Button

Obviously, Madelyn's umbilical cord fell off a while ago. But I just keep forgetting to make my entry about the "big event". Alas, I must backtrack...

Chip and I had been waiting (im)patiently for that ugly little stump to fall off. Well, on May 21st, it finally happened. Kind of...

The little stump was hanging by a thread! (Ewwww!) It was driving me crazy and I was concerned that I would accidentally pull it off when I was changing a diaper. So, I did what you are told not to do. I removed it myself - I clipped that little "thread" with nail clippers! (Chip - I hadn't told you that. Please don't judge me!) That left a tiny bit remaining that would have to fall off on its own.

I knew Chip would be thrilled by this turn of events, so I immediately took a couple pics with my cell phone to send to him. Then, I decided to really gross him out. I saved the stump! I was going to come up with some funny way to shock him with it, but our cleaning peeps were coming over later that day, so I couldn't leave it out where they might accidentally throw it away (I mean, it did look like something that belonged in the trash!). So, I put in on the shelf in the pantry.
Well, I was definitely having a rough time remembering things back then...okay, I am still having that problem. Anywho. As you can imagine, I totally forgot that I left Madelyn's umbilical cord stump in the pantry. So a day or two later, I hear Chip yell, "Is this Madelyn's umbilical cord??? GROSS!!" I guess my plan worked anyway. :)

No comments: