Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Visit from the Houston Clan

In Mid-July, we had visitors! My Aunt Linda, cousin Andrea, and Andrea's family (husband plus three kiddos) came up from Houston. They all loaded up into Andrea's new (and awesome) Suburban, punched my address into the nav system, and headed our way. The weekend really flew by, especially since I felt like I slept the whole time, thanks to a couple headaches. :(

We really had a good time and Maddie did great hanging out with everyone. We grilled out on Friday night, and on Saturday, Chip took Kevin and the boys out on the boat. They had fun tubing and swimming while us girls went to the mall (Madelyn's first trip to the mall!). I was feeling like a zombie, so I didn't get any shopping done, but my cousin got some great buys on clothing for her family in preparation for their upcoming Disney World trip! While we were walking in and out of shops, Madelyn was fed and burped by my aunt, who sweetly volunteered. Thank goodness for Aunt Linda -- she had a lot of strangers approach her that wanted to touch Madelyn. With some polite "finesse", she kept their dirty hands away! :)

On Saturday evening, Andrea said that they would be packing up and leaving at 10 a.m. In my head, I was thinking, "so by noon." Wow. Andrea is a true pro. I guess with four boys (I mean three boys and a husband), she knows how to get stuff done. They were ready to roll by 10:10 a.m. I am impressed. I hope someday I will master that skill with Madelyn!


Andrea and Madelyn with Ryan hugging his Mommy's legs




Chip and Kevin grilling


Aunt Linda feeding Maddie at the mall


The guys taking off on the boat!




Caleb holding Madelyn with Ryan




Nathan holding Madelyn with Kevin

No comments: