Wednesday, October 14, 2009

An Afternoon Walk

A few weeks ago, the temperature had finally started dropping outside and I decided that I would start taking afternoon walks with Madelyn before her evening nap. On this particular afternoon, as I pushed the stroller out of the house, I also had Sallie on her leash. The garage door was open, so I set the brake on the stroller and walked over to the garage door keypad so I could close it.

Then I heard a clicking sound behind me. As I turned around, I saw my baby in her stroller slowly rolling down the driveway! I dropped the leash and ran as quickly as I could to grab the stroller. Sallie got kinda scared and ran off with the leash trailing behind her and her tail tucked between her legs. Just as the stroller reached the street, I grabbed it. Phew! I kept looking down at Madelyn, embarassed, and hoping that none of the neighbors saw that (yeah, right!). I picked up Sallie's leash again and we started our walk.

Moral of the story...double check to make sure your stroller's brake is fully engaged, and it may not be a good idea to leave a stroller facing down a hill. :)