Monday, October 5, 2009

Madelyn's First Plane Trip

The weekend of September 19th, we flew with Madelyn to Boston. Chip was a groomsman in his friend's wedding, which was in Cape Cod. Chip and I were pretty anxious about the trip (or maybe it was just me). I was worried about Madelyn staying happy during the 3 hour, 40 minute flight. Chip was worried about checking all our stuff and getting through security. Luckily, it went smoothly. Although I must say that I probably won't choose to fly with Madelyn for longer than three hours again...that's a lot of time to entertain a baby that is not yet interested in toys.

I made sure Madelyn was eating on the way up and the way down, and she did great. No ear problems or crying. In between, we sang a lot (okay, I sang a lot), we looked at toys and books, and tried to take a nap. She really did well, but after the weekend was over, I was exhausted.

We stayed in a home that was on the water, just a few doors down from the bride's family's house where the reception was being held. The church was just a couple short blocks away, so we took the stroller everywhere.

Here are a few pics from the weekend...



After landing in Boston...the flight went great, but we had a tired baby!






All dressed up for the rehearsal dinner.





Maddie and Daddy






Maddie and Mommy






Chip with Ben (the groom)







On the lawn at Kara's (the bride) home at the Cape.







At the reception

View from Kara's house

Maddie and Daddy at the reception

On the road again...we stopped to feed Madelyn on our way to the airport

No comments: