Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Have Officially Lost My Mind!

Well, it has been a long time coming. I have noticed things here and there. I just didn't want to admit it.

When I found out I was pregnant, I felt a little distracted. All day, every day. I guess that is okay, except at work when I am getting paid to not be distracted. I have had to make an extra effort to concentrate and not forget anything or miss things. So far, it is going....okay. Not great, but not terrible.

At home, I am not distracted as much as inefficient and lazy (at least that is how it feels). I keep forgetting to do things or forgetting things that Chip tells me (it used to be the other way around). Sometimes Chip might tell me something and then I forget until he reminds me that he had told me about it; other times he tells me something and I can't remember anything about the conversation (maybe he is fibbing in those instances...). What is happening to my brain?

Up til recently, I just thought it was because I was so tired. If I could just get enough sleep and energy! Well, since we got back from Italy, I've been on a great sleep schedule. I have been going to bed by 10:30 p.m. on most nights, and I generally wake up at 7 a.m. and I am wide awake. This is all new to me -- I am even the first one to the office most mornings!

So, this past weekend, we went to Killeen to celebrate Chip's dad's 65th birthday and also to pick up Sallie, who had been at "the farm" for three weeks. On Saturday morning, I was getting dressed and put in my contacts. I noticed that my vision was blurry. After a few minutes, it was still blurry, so I figured I had put them in the wrong eyes. I switched the lenses around, and my vision was much better. I happily announced to Chip and his parents that I was okay, there was nothing to worry about -- I was no longer seeing double!

After running some errands with Chip's mom, we went back to the house to get the guys for lunch. Chip still wasn't dressed, so he headed to the bathroom to get ready. After a minute, I heard him calling me. I said, "what?" He said, "come here." I headed to the bathroom and he was standing there looking at the counter. He said, "you're wearing my contacts." I was shocked, but just started laughing. I knew he had to be right -- it all made sense.

I had forgotten my contact case at home and had used one of his old ones that I found in the bathroom (it was identical to Chip's current contact case). When I had opened "my" contact case, I remember noticing that the contacts looked really clear (mine are tinted slightly blue so you can see them easier). The contacts had felt a little different when I put them in my eyes (not bad, just different). And of course, I had switched them around so I could "see". To top it off, I had such a headache and couldn't figure out why! I can't believe that after all those indications, it didn't even cross my mind that they were Chip's contacts!!

So, I truly feel that this is the final straw -- being tired/lack of sleep is no longer an excuse. I am now willing to admit that I have lost my mind. I hope it comes back soon!

2 comments:

Chip said...

Admitting you have a problem, is the first step.

Nicole said...

And sadly, your mind will most likely never be the same. I'm still waiting for mine to return.