Well, I have been attending yoga classes for about three weeks now. I really needed a motivator to get me to work out! I closed my gym membership because, let's face it, I was NOT using it. In fact, I think after finding out I was pregnant (and being incredibly tired), I pretty much stopped going altogether. And just the eliptical machine at home is not cutting it.
Anywho, yoga is supposed to be highly recommended for preggos, so I thought I would give it a try. I am taking "gentle yoga" one night a week and "pre-natal yoga" on Saturday mornings. I went to my first gentle yoga class one evening after work, and it had at least 20 people in it. It was slightly challenging, which made me feel good. Then, after I returned from San Diego, I went on Saturday for my first pre-natal class.
I was running a little late, so I quickly paid for 10 classes and bought a bottle of water. A guy came out of the yoga room and asked for something from the guy behind the desk for his wife. I thought, "Wow! Even husbands come to the class. He is so sweet to be helping his little wife!" I grabbed my mat and went into the yoga room. It was packed! I couldn't find a spot until someone waved toward me to come over. So, I headed that direction and laid my mat out. The instructor was talking to the class about some upcoming activities. I glanced around the room and noticed that there were probably 30 people, of which 10 or so were guys!
Then, the guy from the reception desk poked his head into the room and looked around. I guess he didn't see what he was looking for, so he left. The instructor made a comment like, "I wonder what he wanted?" She kept talking and I just sat there. A minute later, the guy from the reception desk (let's just call him "TGFTRD") came in again. This time, he said, "Stefany?" I waved at him (I was in the center of the room). He looked relieved and said quietly, "this isn't the pre-natal class". I promptly stood up and grabbed my mat and bottle of water and weaved through the other students to leave the room. Once I was outside, I told TGFTRD, "I was so surprised by the number of dads who showed up! And I was thinking that these girls were hardcore - most of them were hardly showing yet!" He just laughed and apologized profusely for not telling me where to go. He then led me OUT of the yoga studio to go in another door from the outside of the building and down a hall. When we reached the end of the hallway, we entered a room with eight women in it, the instructor and seven very pregnant ladies. I thanked TGFTRD for walking me to the room and he left. Luckily the class hadn't started yet, so I still had the opportunity to introduce myself and talk about my pregnancy (I just love talking in front of a group of people I don't know...).
Anyway, I guess I should start paying attention to my surroundings...I have never been one to look at people around me. I think because I don't want them to assume I am staring at them, or that I am nosy! Or maybe I should just chalk this up to Mad Cow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mad cow! Mad cow!! :o)
Post a Comment