On Friday, we had our last sonogram. My step-mom, Danelle, came in to town for the weekend to do "baby stuff" with us and was able to attend the appointment. It was really neat to have her there, and probably a whole lot more meaningful for her to hear the technician and doctor describe what we were seeing.
The sonogram went great. The positioning of my placenta and the distance from the cervix was normal! So, we have a clean bill of health. The baby looked wonderful - everything as it should be. And we are still on target for our due date. The ultrasound measured the baby at 2 lb., 8 oz. (I have no idea how accurate that is...does anybody know?). During the sonogram, she was yawning and drinking/eating. The technician said her bladder was full (eww!) - apparently a good sign. We saw her tiny feet (so cute!) and face (kinda weird!).
After our ultrasound, I had my 28 week appointment, which included a trip to the lab for a gestational diabetes test. Basically, I had to drink an orange-flavored drink (which didn't taste too bad to me, although I don't ever drink orange soda) and after an hour, I had blood taken. I was a little nervous since it had been so long since my last blood test, and the last time didn't go so well. But, it was a piece of cake (yea!...small victory!).
At my appointment, I weighed in at a Whopping 150 pounds! Another six-pound weight gain since my last appointment. So, that is 18 pounds gained thus far. I think I am targeted to gain around 25 pounds, so it looks like I might surpass my goal (I am such an over-achiever).
I did take my 28 week belly shot last week and just haven't had a chance to download it from the camera, so stay posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really can't believe you're already 28 weeks! So glad everything looks great and that baby girl is getting bigger.
Thanks for the update! I'm so glad eveything is well!
Post a Comment