Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

A few weeks ago, my aunt and cousins came into town for a baby shower and my 30th birthday weekend. I was so excited that they made the trip from Houston! As soon as they walked in the door, Aunt Linda was checking out my progress in my sewing area (a.k.a. dining room). There was still plenty to be done on the crib bumpers.

So, after we sat and chatted for a while, Aunt Linda offered to help finish the bumpers. Before I knew it, Aunt Linda was sewing the bumpers together while my sister, Cass, and my cousins, Stacey and Andrea, stuffed the bumper inserts. Once they were done with that, Stacey was off to the computer to look on-line for a dresser (she was just appalled that I had not purchased one yet!).

By midnight, the bumpers were finished! I can not tell you what a relief that was. It has been hanging over my head for too long. Everything is complete for the nursery now, except for the curtain, which is close to being finished! Yea for progress!



Aunt Linda sewing the bumper pieces together.











Andrea and me stuffing the completed inserts into the bumper.










Cheese!









The bumper pieces all pinned together.










Stacey shopping on the computer. How do I not have a dresser?!?






Cass giving us moral support after stuffing a bumper.


One completed bumper in the crib!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

LOVE the bumper! Yay for a completed project! I've been thinking about you guys so much lately. Not much longer til we can meet the princess!