Gamma and I started the task on the weekend of the Oscars (yes, I MISSED them this year - had to watch on TIVO days later!!). After three hours of running around to four different fabric stores on Saturday morning, I had all the fabric. Then, Gamma arrived in town and we went to Jo Ann's and Hobby Lobby to get a few other items like thread and ribbon. Finally, we had what we needed to get started! So on Saturday evening, we began the task of cutting the fabrics. This continued until Sunday afternoon. We probably spent maybe two hours sewing on Sunday night (thank you Gamma for my Christmas present - a Singer sewing machine!!! I love it!). My grand plan of whipping everything out between Friday night and Sunday night was DEFINITELY over.
During the week, Gamma stayed in town to work on the sewing while I was at work. I thought this would really help make a dent in the project, and I could do a little sewing in the evenings (unless I was working late...). Well, again, my dream of making progress did not come true. Poor Gamma got sick on Monday! On Monday night, I called Aunt Linda and she told me how to make the ruffles (she has some neat tricks), so I did start on that. However, Gamma wasn't really feeling better until Wednesday around noon. Wednesday evening we made a little more progress. Luckily Gamma has made crib skirts before for her other grandkids, so she pretty much whips them out. On Thursday, Gamma left with the crib skirt to finish at home. Since then, I have finished the remaining ruffles for the bumper, but that is it! I am kinda freaking out, to be honest. But Gamma says she will be back in town next week for Spring Break and we will get it done then. I sure hope she is right!!
Our fabric and the beginnings of the cut out pieces...
Here we are...cutting fools (my back was aching and my feet were swelling by the end of the night...more on that later)!
Making some sewing progress on Sunday...had to get the sewing machine set up and figure it out...thanks for the help, Gamma!
My first completed ruffle. Whew! I have never made one before, and I really overdid it, squishing the ruffle together as much as possible. When I was done, I had to undo a lot of the ruffling to make it long enough to fit the bumper!
Here's Gamma with her crib skirt in progress!





2 comments:
You look right at home behind that sewing machine! You'll have to teach me how to do the ruffles. It looks really tough!
The bedding is adorable!
That last picture is funny. Looks like she is holding up a pair of HUGE uderwear!!
Post a Comment