Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Daddy's Little Girl

Madelyn is working really hard on becoming "Daddy's Little Girl". Chip is trying even harder to resist, but I think it is futile.

When I was pregnant, I asked him how it felt to have a "Daddy's Little Girl" (DLG) on her way. He replied that he did not want a DLG. I asked why, and he said that he was a little afraid of having someone rely on him and adore him that much - it was a lot of pressure. I told him it was too late, because I already relied on him and adored him, and he wouldn't be able to keep the baby from doing the same!

How can you keep your daughter from absolutely adoring such a kind, intelligent, loving Daddy? I know I have always thought that my Daddy knew EVERYTHING (I guess until I was in college, and started realizing that he simply did not know it all, and in fact, could be wrong on occasion). And I trust my Daddy completely. I expect Madelyn will do the same!

It is so cute to see Chip with Maddie. He smiles at her and chats with her and she smiles back! I think Chip is even hurt if she doesn't smile back (hey - we all have our grumpy moments!).


Maddie and Daddy after work...




Chip putting Maddie to sleep...or is he just lifting weights?


Feeding Maddie...


...and then burping her.



More burping...





2 comments:

Nicole said...

This is one of my favorite posts! She is absolutely DLG!!! And I can't say it enough...I adore her hair!

Cass said...

She has crazy eyes in the first picture! :o) But she's totally a DLG!! And I agree with Nicole her hair is FABULOUS!