Where do I begin? About a week before my maternity leave of SIX whopping weeks was up, I decided to be spontaneous and see if Chip wanted to meet at a restaurant on his way home from work for dinner. I was starting to get cabin-fever and I felt like we really needed to attempt taking Madelyn for an outing or we would never leave the house again. Chip was SHOCKED by the suggestion, but excited about eating out.
So, I packed up her diaper bag (making sure to include plenty of diapers this time!), feeling pretty confident that there would be no poopies since she had just had a good poopy diaper at home. We were going to a restaurant that was just 10 minutes away, so if something went wrong, I could just hop in the car and go home! But after some thought, I decided that an extra onesie couldn't hurt, so I threw one into the diaper bag. Off we went!
We got to the restaurant and greeted Chip in the parking lot, then went inside and sat right down (there were only a few full tables at this point). Chip was excited to see Madelyn, and as soon as we sat down she started fussing (how embarassing!), so he pulled her up out of the car seat and instantly wrinkled his nose in horror. Uh oh...she had a poopy diaper! I couldn't believe it.
So I took Madelyn and the diaper bag out to the car while Chip ordered our food. Maddie was a MESS. It was a Big One! I had to change her clothes too...gross!! Thank goodness I packed a onesie or our evening out wouldn't have even started. After changing her, we went back inside but Maddie was pretty fussy so I had to hold her to prevent her from crying. She quickly fell asleep in my arms (guess that explains the fussiness...she was tired!).
Looking back, it doesn't seem too awful, but it sure felt that wat at the time. :) We've learned that Madelyn loves a car ride for good poop motivation!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so proud of you! It took me much longer to be brave enough to take Ethan out...way to go! She is absolutely beautiful and I hope you guys are doing great. Miss you!
LOL! yes, ALWAYS keep a spare outfit in the diaper bag!!!!!
I promise, life gets better! :)
Post a Comment